DSN2018.1 in force as of April 24, 2018
USER’S CONSENT AND TERM OF USE
By using the website and associated services, the user agrees to and accepts the policies and content of this document.
COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We collect and store all the information provided by users when interacting with on-line services, e.g. text input in web forms. We further store information from personal interaction by email or other communication. Information will be stored as long as needed for Use of Information mentioned below.
Personal identifiable information is not collected without the user’s explicit consent.
The website danishsound.org uses and store information in cookies to improve the user experience and functionality. The website only uses third party cookies to assist the following web services, and may not function properly without the aid of such cookies:
- Google Maps services. Cookies are used for usage analysis, see under GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018).
- The provision of social media (SoMe) share link services through LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. The user has already or will accept terms-of-use in order to use these SoMe services through individual sign-up or subscriptions. The SoMe service providers are individual data controllers and data are not shared with Danish Sound Network.
- If Dropbox is used for sharing files, the cookies are used to optimize functionality.
USE OF INFORMATION
The collected information will be used
- to personalize the experience and improve response to individual needs;
- to improve the website functionality, services, and tools;
- to conduct network activities;
- to conduct general statistics;
- to prepare surveys and periodic reports based on anonymized information;
- for registration of individual’s time use in relation to network activities in order to fulfil requirements by network funding bodies.
- to provide CRM (Customer Relationship Management) services for individuals and organizations;
- to provide direct contact to individuals.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
A variety of security measures is implemented to maintain the confidentiality and protection of personal, organization, and interaction information. This includes computer and server administration standards set out by the host institution DTU, e.g. user access administration and backup in order to restore information in case of technical or physical accidents.
The information is stored on servers administered by the host institution DTU as well as at trusted third parties under data treatment agreements.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or provided to any third party for any reason whatsoever, without explicit consent beyond the description in the section Disclosure of Information to Third Parties below.
- Provided and stored information is only accessible by employees in the Danish Sound Network management organization under confidentiality during their employment to carry out services as described above.
- Trusted computer administrators at the host institution DTU has limited access to data with the purpose of executing computer system maintenance.
- Anonymized information might be deployed in connection with described use of information above.
- If requested, Information maybe be released to authorities to comply with the law. In such rare cases, all individuals will be informed.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
The deployed third party services:
- On request, information might be shared with funding bodies from which Danish Sound Network receives funding. This includes the Danish Agency for Institutions, Educational Grants, and the European Commission in order to fulfil funding contract obligations.
- Google Analytics is used to log information about users’ use of this website as regards HTTP request of the user and bowser/system information. Information is stored anonymously and Google for that contracted as data processor under GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018) and EU User Consent Policy. See also Google Analytics opt-out options.
- Google Maps services collects usage analysis, see Cookies are used for usage analysis (see GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018) and Google’s general privacy). Data is only used in aggregate.
- When using the provided LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter social media share link services, the user consent to terms-of-use of these providers through individual sign-up or subscriptions. The SoMe services are data controllers.
- Mailchimp is used for newsletter and individual member signup. We have a data processor agreement with Mailchimp.
The user have the right to gaining access to, correcting and/or removing all personal and organization information stored in databases. If the desired actions cannot be performed through online services, the Data Protection Officer Rebecca Engberg should be contacted at email@example.com.
The use of all direct and indirect services through the web site danishsound.org is at user’s sole risk. There is no provision or warranty that the services will not be interrupted or is free of functional errors. Further, there is no warranty as to the results that are obtained from the use of the services as regards, but not limited to accuracy, reliability or content.
Under no circumstances – including negligence – shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use services; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to force majeure, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to records, programs or services.
If there are any questions, you can always contact us:
DPO of Danish Sound Network
Richard Petersens Plads – DTU – Building 324
2800 Kongens Lyngby 2800, Denmark